With the possible exception of the hip, the shoulder is the most complex joint in the human body. With all that complexity comes a few drawbacks- the most significant of which is vulnerable to injury. After an automobile accident, your body will have endured enormous amounts of traumatic stress. So, it is easy to understand why shoulder pain after an automobile accident is common.
Here at Lifetime Chiropractic Center, LLC in Milwaukee, WI- we treat patients suffering from all manner of joint injury, pain, and other conditions.
Common shoulder related symptoms after a car accident include:
- Stiffness and pain
- Numbness, tingling, or weakness
- Discoloration in the affected area
- Movement restricted by pain or weakness
You may even experience what is commonly referred to as “frozen shoulder.” This condition is characterized by the extremely limited movement of the shoulder joint, as the name implies. Frozen shoulder most often occurs as the result of a failure to seek proper treatment after the initial injury occurs. In most cases, frozen shoulder results when the tissues of the affected area become thick, making free movement impossible.
Chiropractic Care Can Help
A chiropractic professional specializes in the care of the musculoskeletal system, including the joints, ligaments, and connective tissues that hold it all together. If you suffer from shoulder pain, the good news is that chiropractic care is an ideal option.
In many cases, seeking chiropractic treatment soon after any emergency medical care has been administered is the best way to reduce the time to recovery, keep the use of pain medication at a minimum, and avoid further injury.
After your shoulder condition has been diagnosed, your chiropractor can evaluate your condition to determine which modes of treatment are best.
Treatment Modalities After an Auto Accident
Once your condition is stabilized and diagnosed, any remaining impingement on the health of your shoulders can be treated in a number of effective ways. These include:
- Chiropractic care: Gentle spinal corrective techniques
- Corrective exercises: Therapeutic fitness training to strengthen muscles and joints
- Lifestyle advice: Strategic advice for avoiding further injury and to accelerate recovery
- Massage therapy: Relaxing and therapeutic massage to relieve tension and pain
- Nutritional counseling: Counseling on what foods will best help your body to heal
- Spinal and Postural screenings: Further spinal examination may reveal other exacerbating conditions
Here at Lifetime Chiropractic Center, LLC in Milwaukee- our success rate speaks for itself. To learn more about shoulder injury, and how our team of chiropractic professionals can help, call today.